re: We need an XPath API

Charles Reitzel writes:

 > Proposal: let's give XPath the SAX treatment.

I'd actually recommend giving XPath the DOM treatment.  Well, not
really DOM, but maybe a cleaner, in-memory tree.  XPaths (even hairy
ones) are extremely small, and the same path object is likely to be
reused many times, so I see no need to force the pain of an
event-based interface on users (unless someone thinks we're going to
be seeing gigabyte-long XPath expressions).

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/