RE: We need an XPath API

At 10:22 04/03/2001 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>So, if more than one user need to access the same infoset at the same time,
>we will probably need a lock mechanism. The possible algorithms would be
>
>1 - perform query - with a lock on the infoset
>2 - perform some operation on the infoset fragment
>3 - release the info set
>
>The circumstances when this would be needed is probably when we have several
>simultaneous clients modifying a single info set. This is quite
>sophisticated and not very obvious.

I agree. I think such a system could be layered over the NodeSets (it would
probably be more general than simply NodeSets anyway) when there is need
for it, but it shouldn't be built in.

-- robin b.
"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not
the reason we are doing it." -- R. Feynman