Re: XP and fruit-picking (was Re: is that a fork in the road?)

David Megginson wrote:

> On the contrary, the XP people grasp at the low-hanging fruit
> precisely because they do not trust their knowledge of the endgame
> requirements.  They know that the requirements *will* change during
> development, drastically and continuously, so they implement the bare
> minimum necessary to meet their short-term goals (i.e. two- to
> three-weeks) and give the customer a chance to have some hands-on
> experience and (possibly) rewrite the requirements after each
> iteration.  Wild stuff.

I know a few good people who regard XP highly, so I'm loathe to have much
of a kick at it. That said though, to the uninitiated, XP sounds like a
snazzy name on a methodology that that has failed time and time
again...:-)

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au