Re: PSVI

At 10:09 AM 3/7/2001 -0800, Ronald Bourret wrote:
>But what if I want things like attribute defaults or data types but
>don't care about validation? Can I get these?

Heh.  You could create XSLT style sheets which added xsi:type attributes or
attribute values all over the place, but that's not likely to be processed
by most parsers in current processing models.

>It would be nice if the PSVI was factored into multiple categories (e.g.
>defaults, type information, validation information) and parsers could
>implement these separately, with applications choosing what they needed.

I'd love to see that, but I'm not holding my breath!  A reasonably clear
well-formed XML representation of the PSVI might help with some of it, though.

Simon St.Laurent
Associate Editor
O'Reilly and Associates