Handler for xml declaration

Hi,

Is there a handler package that have a method for
xmlDecl?  I read through the xml-dev archive and found
some old links that point to a package called
LexicalHandler in the SAX2 api.  I downloaded the SAX2
and its extension package from David Megginson
website; no xmlDecl method.  Does anyone know why it
was removed?  Any other method for getting  the xml
declaration from the parser?

TIA
Jenny