schema : what's the problem

Dear all,

with all the discussion about XML schema recently and a letter from the
lead editor, haven't things become a bit confused?

I get the impression that most people think schema can be whatever it
wants to be as long as the W3C doesn't push for dependencies on schema
in other specifications ?

If it does, we must be entering a new era: Big open standards
organisations employ the tactics of monopolists (lesson one: create
obscure dependencies for long term security :)

Christian Nentwich