RE: Personal reply to Edd Dumbill's XML Hack Article wrt W3C XML Schema

At 12:57 PM 3/12/01 -0500, David E. Cleary wrote:
> > I'd suggest taking a closer look at _how_ those specs have adopted XML
> > Schema Datatypes.  RELAX, for example, supports only built-in data types,
> > and identifies them _without_ the use of namespace prefixes - "string"
> > instead of "xsd:string".
>
>The datatypes are identified in the PSVI by a URI. It doesn't matter what
>QName an implementation uses as long as they have the same semantics as a
>Schema datatype and the proper URI is generated for the PSVI.

Is that documented publicly?  I've seen a schema for schemas, but don't see
it in there, at least in any clear way:
http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~richard/infoset/20010216/XMLSchema-infoset.xsd

I'd also like to know what the QName->URI process is.  We've gone around
that a few times on this list, and there are still some pretty wide-open
questions.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML