RE: Personal reply to Edd Dumbill's XML Hack Article wrt W3C XML Schema

The User Agent Sat On A Wall
(apologies to Lewis Caroll who was well-formed and is now well-dead)

`Don't stand chattering to yourself like that,'
 The UserAgent said, looking at her interface for the first time,
`but tell me your name and your business.'

`My name is WebService, but --'
`It's a stupid name enough!' the User Agent interrupted impatiently. `What
does it mean?'
`Must a name mean something?' The WebService asked doubtfully.
`Of course it must,' the UserAgent said with a short laugh: `my name means
the shape I am -- and a good
 handsome shape it is, too. With a name like yours, you might be any shape,
almost.'

`Why do you sit out here all alone?' said the WebService, not wishing to
begin an argument.
`Why, because there's nobody with me!' cried UserAgent. `Did you think I
didn't know the answer to that? Ask another.'

"`When I use a word,' UserAgent said, in rather a scornful tone,
`it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'
`The question is,' said WebService, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.'
`The question is,' said UserAgent, `which is to be master -- that's all.' "

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h