RE: SyncML is kind of interesting

Hi,

You bet it is interesting. Moreover, last year in Dublin (a syncML members
conference) I saw a demo showing an Erickson phone to sync a contact list
directly with an HTTP server; both ends where using syncML. And since,
Erickson, Nokia, IBM starfish and others are behind it, expect that smart
phones and some PDAs like the Palm to include it.

For people who want to have an overview on it I wrote something in xml.com
about it:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/12/27/syncml.html

<note>
Also, in some weeks, talvastudio.com will support synchml applications. We
also expect to put the netfolder spec as a public spec and a concrete
example of folder synchronization based on netfolder/syncML. So yes indeed,
I totally agree with Tim, SyncML is very very interesting.

By the way, we are actually looking for Beta testers For the talvastudio.com
If you want to help the community (because talvastudio.com is free for XML
developers) and give us some good feedback, drop me an email and I'll send
to send the link for the sign-in form. But this is the first Beta, thus it
is unperfect and still lack good documentation (but we are working on it but
we still need help - so, if you can help - we have a budget for that - feel
free to email me on this topic)
<note>

cheers
Didier