RE: Names, Nmtokens, and ....

Directly from http://www.w3.org/TR/rec-xml :

"
Names and Tokens
[4]    NameChar    ::=    Letter | Digit | '.' | '-' | '_' | ':' |
CombiningChar | Extender
[5]    Name    ::=    (Letter | '_' | ':') (NameChar)*
[6]    Names    ::=    Name (S Name)*
[7]    Nmtoken    ::=    (NameChar)+
[8]    Nmtokens    ::=    Nmtoken (S Nmtoken)*
"

so you see that Nmtoken is one or more NameChar's. "0.01" matches
(NameChar)+

-Jonathan