Re: ??? (was RE: A simple guy with a simple problem)

Tim Bray wrote:

> At 03:47 PM 14/03/01 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> >We can't treat XML
> >spec work as an XP programming
> >exercise.
>
> I think that is *exactly* what the W3C should start
> doing.  And if you look at its successes, you detect a
> strong XP flavor - don't bite off too much, fix the
> three biggest problems and then see what the next big
> problem is, etc.  -Tim

This does have to be tempered by the "don't hamstring yourself in the
future" mentality though; in the DOM WG we spent a lot of time trying to
avoid future problems (those we could guess at, anyway) while simultaneously
doing the minimal amount to declare victory and doing enough to make it
worthwhile doing anything at all. That juggling act is not easy at all.

Lauren