Re: ??? (was RE: A simple guy with a simple problem)

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> Then try it your way and tell us what prevents you
> from doing it in the real world.  Busy hands are
> happy hands.

Hmm, it seems you've missed my point. This already has been tried in the
real world, many times with good success. You used the output of this
process when you sent this email.

This is standard operating procedure for the IETF. RFC 2026
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txt defines the process for Internet
Standards development. According to this RFC everything coming out of
the W3C at this stage of the game would not achieve anything more then
an Experimental RFC label. Doesn't mean their work isn't valuable just
means it is research and should be recognized as such.

BTW, if you want to know how to build interoperable systems on the
Internet talk to the members of the North American Network Operators'
Group (NANOG). These people deal with global interoperability every
single day. Try asking them what they think of complex specifications
with lofty aspirations.

Also FWIW, my hands are busy. http://www.xmldb.org/xapi/index.html Will
it be successful? Who knows but I am trying to practice what I preach.

--
Kimbro Staken
Chief Technology Officer