From: "Nicholas Raphael" <nraphael@world.std.com>
To: "Francesco Ricci" <ricci@itc.it>
Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: Mapping a UML model to a DTD or Schema

> Maybe is a naive question but I'd like to know if there are standard
> approaches to map a UML class diagram to a DTD or Schema.

Have you seen this paper from Extreme Markup Languages 2000,

http://www.gca.org/attend/2000_conferences/Extreme_2000/Papers/Kimber/uml-d
ds-presentation/uml-dtds-presentation.ppt

It is an example of using UML to model a document structure, from which a
DTD can then be derived.

Nick Raphael
nraphael@world.std.com