Re: simple xml question

Howard,

It seems that everyone is too busy with "a simple guy with a simple problem"
to actually answer genuine-- read: non-academic-- problems in the XML
community.

Based on your original mail I am going to *guess* you are using Microsoft's
XML parser as you alluded to "XMLDOM"-- I could be wrong though.  Yes,
does not support "W3C XML Schemas" it supports XDR (XML Data, reduced).  So
it will not treat the schema as a schema per se and can do no validation.

If you would like to use W3C XML Schemas, as you noted in the second mail,
you will have to use a different parser, and remember that the XML Schema
spec. is still under development.  Finding parsers which support it is tough
because people are waiting for it to be finished-- your best bets are to use
XSV [1] in Python or Xerces [2] in Java or the Oracle Schema Validator [3]
in Java.

If you can give me some more specifics (language and platform) I can be of
more help.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/webdata/xsv
[2] http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j
[3] http://otn.oracle.com/tech/xml