RE: XML Encoding of XPath: Examples

> My point is slightly different. Two very different schema
> languages may have schemas that accept the same files without
> complaint: but that is only one aspect of a schema language
> and it may not even be the most important one.

I would agree with this. While you can say that C++, JAVA, and
BASIC are all equivalent on a given processor (they all execute
the native instructions eventually), they present a very
different view of the world to a user.

I think the schema language model, and more importantly, the
users perception of it, are at least very significant factors for
application within a given domain. In human interface design
principals, this is called the "system image" and the
"user image".