Re: Newbie question - passing XML using POST

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:39:04PM +1100, Stephen Young wrote:

> I work in a Microsoft environment, and I have two methods that work, but
> they both involve sending the XML as an array (Safe Array) of bytes.  One
> sends an MSXML3 DOMDocument and the other does a unicode converion of the
> bytes at each end.

I think your second method (serializing your internal representation,
whatever that is, into text [that's what XML is, right?!]) is the most
portable.

The other end will just strip off the HTTP headers, and parse the XML
back. You will just be sending plain old (ok, unicode) text over HTTP.
Why do you think this won't work in non-Microsoft environments?

Best regards,

Vassilis.