RE: Newbie question - passing XML using POST

Stephen writes:
> I'm trying find a way to send and receive XML using HTTP POST.  You'd
think
> it would be simple, but my low level programming skills are struggling
with
> the task.
>
> I work in a Microsoft environment ...

Take a look at the Microsoft.XMLHTTP component.
An article at http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/articles/xml071798.asp
includes some sample JScript that uses the
component to send XML via HTTP POST.

The following page is a SOAP client for IE5:
  http://www.skonnard.com/soap/
The page includes JScript that uses the XMLHTTP component
to exchange XML via HTTP POST.

For what it's worth, I found the component easy
to use.

Bob

<sig name    = 'Bob Lyons'
     title   = 'B2B Integration Consultant'
     company = 'Unidex, Inc.'
     phone   = '+1-732-975-9877'
     email   = 'boblyons@unidex.com'
     url     = 'http://www.unidex.com/'
     product = 'XML Convert: transforms flat files to XML and vice versa' />