for me, and I tend to visit sites that mention Schematron.)  It is not a
directory of XML pages.

My personal list would be, for non-vendor sites:

#1 xmlhack.com
    http://www.xmlhack.com/
#2 xml.com (articles, resources)
    http://www.xml.com/
#3 Cover's Cover Pages (comprehensive topical collections, with abstracts)
    http://xml.coverpages.org/  [main page]
    http://xml.coverpages.org/sgmlnew.html  [news]
    http://xml.coverpages.org/coverNewsHeadlines.html [news headlines]
    http://xml.coverpages.org/siteIndex.html [topical index]
  The Robin Cover's site is the jewel in the XML crown: it is an amazing
   effort that surely is the single most important infrastructure reason for
   XML's fast growth. There is almost nothing about XML (via SGML)
   that you cannot find here.  I put the other sites first, because I glance
at
   them more often, but if I were to rank sites in importance for weekly
   or monthly work and research, there is simply nothing anywhere near the
   Cover pages.  Whenever I need to find information on any topic, I always
    start there, and I cannot recall a single instance, in more
    that 5 years of using them, when I could not find a helpful reference,
    and often very up-to-date pages.  OASIS would be doing everyone
    a favour if they expanded the service: it is pure gold for developers
and
    researchers, and an important defense against the meatheads who
    don't know that the web's lifeblood is ideas not products.
#4 Elliotte's Cafe Con Leche (opinion on topical issues)
      http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/
#5 zvon.org  (tutorials and materials, including a Schematron tutorial)
      http://www.zvon.org
#6 Taubers xmlsoftware.com and related sites (good listings of products)
      http://www.xmlsoftware.com/

Honorable mention for general research sites
 *   citeseer (abstracts and copies of scholarly articles)
        http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cs
 *    and ACM
            http://www.acm.org/dl/proc_byseries_list.html

For vendor/product sites (in no order):