RE: Newbie question - passing XML using POST

Yes, using Sun's JSSE is not very transparent and is more complicated than
the very transparent support for SSL in Microsoft's component. There is also
a huge latency when making the first SSL connection that leave the user with
the impression that the application has hung (I've seen the latency last as
long as a minute on some platforms). This latency is due to a slow algorithm
for seeding a secure random number generator used as part of the encryption
protocol. The Java toolset is generally not as user friendly as the
Microsoft toolset. It is, however, more flexible and more customizable for
developers who are saavy with the toolset. You can also plug in alternative
third party implementations for the SSL support without changing code that
relies upon the JSSE APIs (if you do it right).