-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Bourret [mailto:rpbourret@rpbourret.com]

2) The answer to the question, "Are namespace declarations treated as
attributes?" depends on what technology you are using. As Rob pointed
out, the answer for SAX2 is yes or no, depending on how you configure
the parser, For SAX1 and DOM level 2 it is always yes. For the info set
it is no. I don't know what it is for XSLT, but I'll bet it is yes. I'm
pretty sure it is no for XML Schemas, but I can't remember.