Re: CDATA sections in W3C XML Infoset

> Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com wrote:
>

> So, you will be able to put CDATA sections and entities in XML
> syntax, manipulate them with the DOM, but not validate them with
> Schema or query for them with XPath or XQuery or style them with XSL.
> I don't *think* this is a significant problem for real developers ...
> In the <script> example, you could query/validate/style with the
> <script> tag rather than the CDATA syntax sugar, right?

Interesting. I'm looking at content management at the moment, and using
a system that uses CDATA sections for HTML. (Don't even ask). I hope to
ditch the spec in favour of xslt. If not, you're probably right that
I'll be able to manipulate the content management stuff working out when
to output CDATA sections from the content.

Francis.