RE: experts

> However if you want to make something good and accessible to
> non-experts, to busy people who primarily do other things,
> imho you have to listen to those people.

I don't think anyone debates that point... we've all learned
our lessons.

I think the point is that many of the "experts" are also
"users". Again, my contention is that a real expert is one
that knows enough to know what works and what doesn't. A
clever expert might even rope in a few users for sanity
checking purposes ;-)