RE: Web Philosophy

> I think the W3C has generally tried to do what is most appropriate.
>
> It may not be obvious, but in general, I think the W3C process plays
> second fiddle to "doing what's right" for most WG's.

Gavin,

That generally corresponds to my experience as well, but I think that this
misses the point. By publishing official procedures, the W3C is making a
public statement about how it feels that a standards process should be run.
Many people clearly have massive reservations about some aspects of these
procedures, and these should be addressed officially. The fact that the WGs
choose in many cases to ignore these procedures is a symptom of the disease,
not the cure...

Matthew