RE: CDATA sections in W3C XML Infoset

Title:

mailto:martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 3:55 PM
> To: Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com
> Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
> Subject: Re: CDATA sections in W3C XML Infoset
>

> I think there should be a standard way to normalize a DOM tree so that
> CDATASection nodes disappear.

A frequently requested feature.  I know that there is a parse-time option in the Level 3
draft to throw away CDATA sections, I can't remember offhand if there is a normalize()
method as well. (We've talked about it).  Seriously, check the Level 3 public drafts and complain to www-dom@w3.org if it does not meet your needs in this respect.