RE: more namespace abuse

OK. In rereading my own original post, I'll concede my language was
unfortunate and a bit over the top. I think if I could rescind that post, I
would change the phrase "utter, complete contempt" at the very least. That
was over the top.

Nonetheless, they do characterize their bastardized use of namespaces as
"based on the W3C Namespaces in XML". I think that is more than unfortunate;
it is damaging. It misleads novice developers who already have a hard time
with namespaces.

I reacted strongly not simply because of the way they mislead novice
developers with this, but because of other issues with their tools I've been
grappling with of late.

Yes, I understand very well they are a chaotic organization. That's
certainly not unique to them. I don't think that lets them off the hook,
though. They can do better than this. And since I'm experiencing real
headaches in my own work trying to be compatible with some of their tools
without sacrificing compatibility with other vendors tools, and was forced
to sign-up for a Passport account in order to use their support web site,
and was directed to their befuddling pay-for-support matrix (at
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp?sd=gn&fr=0) when I tried
to report a bug, I'm a bit thin-skinned regarding Microsoft, right now.

I'll try to shake it off and not vent at this list over it, though.  :-)