Re: experts

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> Individual experts do produce far simpler things than inexperienced users
> on a fairly regular basis.  I just don't see this happening in the
> specifications field.

You may well be in a better position to judge. It seems contrary to what I would
expect, but there you go.

> No, but it might suggest to more 'ordinary' developers that
> specification-building isn't work reserved for Olympians.  By pretending
> that such tasks are purely the work of annointed institutions and
> individuals, we continue to tell people that they're only consumers.

Exactly, that's why I've been objecting to the distinction between experts and the
unwashed masses of developers. It's you who seemed keen to categorise.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
       - Einstein