Re: Announcing Developmentor's XML Tutorial

----- Original Message -----
From: "david barnes" <d.d.barnes@ic.ac.uk>
To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
Cc: "Aaron Skonnard" <aarons@develop.com>; "Xml-Dev" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: Announcing Developmentor's XML Tutorial

> I no like:
>
> "This application uses style sheets
> and is targeted toward a screen resolution of 800x600 or higher.
> If your browser version is below Explorer3.02 or Netscape 4.5,
> the content will not be displayed as intended.
> Session objects areused,
> so if cookies are not enabled in your browser, please do so at this time.
> ActiveX components are required for certain process.
> If you are using Netscape, please note that certain items will be not be
> functional.
> We strongly urge that you use Explorer 4.01 or higher."
>
> I will not criticise the choice of technology,
> but it's *very* frustrating that promising stuff
> is walled behind proprietry tooling

Sorry about this David. This text was boiler-plate stuff taken from our COM
Tutorial. I'm fairly certain that no ActiveX controls are used in the XML
Tutorial although it probably does use cookies.

I will check out these things for sure and get back to you ( and have the
text amended as necessary ).

> now I'll have to go to an ms box,
> a thing I do not love

I'm hoping this is not the case. Were there actually any parts of the XML
Tutorial you could *not* access through your chosen OS and browser?

Regards

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor