Announce: A brief history of SOAP (was RE: Announce: A Busy Developer's Guide to SOAP 1.1)

I started to compose a response to your mail, but after reading Dave's
stuff, I decided to write a somewhat more self-contained piece that I
believe answers your 3 queries.

You can find it at http://www.develop.com/dbox/postsoap.html

Enjoy,
DB