Re: HTTP property set,XSet,PRL?

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> > cks@distributopia.com wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm wondering if anyone else has the need to store and
> > > manipulate HTTP messages in XML.
>
> XMTP is the original MIME <-> XML mapping that I created
> (see http://www.openhealth.org/xmtp) ...

 Is there any relation between XMTP and:

  <URL:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klyne-message-rfc822-xml-01.txt>

 Both use the field/header names as element names, which
seems like it would be a little awkward. For example, in HTTP
you'd have:

  <Content-Type>text/plain</Content-Type>

 but, more or less:

  <message-header>
    <field-name>X-MyExtensionHeader</field-name>
    <field-value>42</field-value>
  </message-header>

 Am I reading correctly? For my purposes, I suspect it
would be cleaner to represent all the headers with:

       message-header = field-name ":" [ field-value ]

 (ref also Eric van der Vlist's message in the "HTTP
messages as XML" thread)

 For structured headers, you could allow the value element
to contain the structure, but that doesn't follow the
EBNF very closely...

> I have started work on an EBNF property set for MIME
> http://www.openhealth.org/XSet/mime.xml (HTTP is really
> just MIME + a few characters and sockets :-)

 :-)

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com