RE: Evidence that the W3 is a Shill

I don't know of any documentation of the "Full Decimal" IP address.

The Internet Protocol RFC 791 [1] (section 2.3) says:

   Addresses are fixed length of four octets (32 bits).

The so-called "Full Decimal" representation is simply the decimal
representation of these 32 bits as a single 32-bit number (rather than
as four separate 8-bit numbers, as in the decimal and octal dotted
quad notations).

The URI Syntax RFC 2396 [2] refers only to dotted quad notation.  The
radix of each of the four segments is not discussed, but RFC 2732
(Format for Literal IPv6 Addresses in URL's) [3] amends RFC 2396's
description of IPv4 addresses to limit the textual representation of
each of the four segments to 3 digits.  Although octal (actually, any
radix from 7 through 10) could theoretically serve to represent all 8
bits of a segment in the 3 digits available, the programming
convention of prepending a zero to octal literals would not be
possible.  Thus, given the allowable digit range ([0-9] -- radix can
be no more than 10), the overwhelming probability that decimal
notation is supported, and the impossibility of distinguishing decimal
from any other radix (given the 3 digit limitation), it's quite
certain that decimal is the one and only (de jure) standardized radix
for IPv4 address segments in URLs.

Because they are not specified in the URI/URL standard constellation,
alternative IPv4 address notations (such as "Full Decimal" and octal
dotted quad) are potentially not future-proof.  "Full Decimal"
notation in particular seems likely to go down in flames once IPv6
addressing becomes universal; what's the likelihood of browser support
for 39-decimal-digit host addresses (IPv6 addresses are 128 bits)?

Retroactive standardization aside (RFC 2732 is quite recent), I
suspect that alternative textual forms for IPv4 addresses have been
standardized de facto by browser makers hoping to gain the
hyper-compatibility high ground, where compatibility is measured as a
minimum of squeaky wheels asking for features (in the dark of the
valley of the shadow of the half-life of Berners-Lee-nium).

[1] Internet Protocol       http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc791.txt
[2] URI Syntax              http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt
[3] IPv6 Addresses in URLs  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2732.txt