RE: Images embedded in XML

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Darshan Singh wrote:

> To save binary data as part of XML you'll have to use Base64 encoding. I
> don't have Java code that illustrates that, but following article might be
> useful just to get an idea:
> XML and binary data
> http://www.PerfectXML.com/articles/xml/binary.asp

Hmmm, it'd be nice if XML was more compact, faster to parse, and let you
embed other data streams more easily - do we *have* to make it
human-readable UTF-8? Surely a binary format would be much better if there
were good tools easily available to hand-edit it?

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/