[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: XML Schema 1.1
- From: Rick Jelliffe <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:47:54 +0800
From: Simon St.Laurent <email@example.com>
>Are there any official public documents regarding what 1.1 would look like,
>and any constraints that would apply to 1.1 regarding backward
>Similarly, is there any timeframe for 1.1?
>I'm glad that people are thinking ahead, but I'd really like to know what
>the playing field for 1.1 will look like before assessing claims about W3C
>XML Schema which rely on a later fix-up phase.
Certainly don't assess 1.0 based on vaporspecs.
My guess is
- all XML Schemas 1.0 schemas must work with XML Schemas 1.1
- XML Schemas 1.1 would address some of the issues that have been put into
the too-hard basket: dates/times, numbers, internationalization, better
key/uniqueness, subsetting/modularization; and also of course ambiguities in
the text of the specs.
- XML Schemas 1.1 might reflect some more feedback from the MSL
formalization, XML forms, and XML queries
- in any case, the more clearly that improvements to 1.0 are identified,
the better 1.1 will be.