transforming xml from db

Hi there, its me again! I'm new to XML so bear with for a minute.

Here is another way of explaining my dilema ... well, I'm trying to find a
way of pulling a record from a sql server db which in its entire content is
a complete formed xml doc and display it in an *.asp along with a XSL

Some people suggested to use the content type definition to "text/xml" ...
however I've not found the correct syntax for this line ... can anyone share
it with me?

I've seen several examples where this is done BUT with physically existing
files (like the function in the sample below) ... in my case I want to so
the same but with a pull/query of the actual XML from the db (in ms-sql)

sub TransformXMLtoHTML(sXMLFilename, sXSLFilename)
  dim objXMLDoc
  dim objXSLDoc

  'First, load the XML Document
  set objXMLDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
  objXMLDoc.async = false

  'Now Load the XSL Document
  set objXSLDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
  objXSLDoc.async = false

  ' Now simply transform the XML/XSL files into HTML
end sub

My problem seems to be when assigning the result from the query to a
variable and trying to apply the XSL to it ... it just doesn't seem to work.
It just doesn't show anything at all.

I guess that what I need is to have something like this to work

So, could anyone tell me what am I doing wrong here?
Is there an example of something like this anywhere so I can see how is

-Pepe Ortiz