Re: "Binary XML" proposals

  Hello!

> Of course loading binary files is faster than parsing huge text files,
> anyone who's been in this field for any time will tell you that,
> without needing empirical evidence.

  About empirical evidence.

  A long time ago I wrote a parser of PYX format (www.pyxie.org).
PYX format is a simple line-oriented presentation of XML.
Every XML element/attribute/PI/data is represented by one line,
first character of line -- code of type of content.

  Obviously, parsing of this specific format is more efficient and
faster than parsing of standard XML.

  In order to demonstrate it, I compared that module with 'XML::Parser'.
I took ~1000 XML files in sum ~40 Mb. Result is: general-purpose XML parser
is faster than pyx parser. By the way, XML::Parser was also converting
content of file to utf8.

  Obviously this is result of my bad /dev/hands, but...

Bye!

----
Oleg