RE: "Binary XML" proposals

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Miles Sabin wrote:

>   ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3072.txt

Ooooh, now THAT'S new and has a bearing on things... I'll read it and
report back.

On a side note, we at RFC.net are wondering about using some hairy regexps
to convert all the RFCs into XML documents with an appropriate RFC-DTD. If
the IETF start producing things to this DTD, we can have stuff like
standard markup for protocol headers. This, in turn, will mean that tools
like tcpdump can parse the RFCs to figure out how to parse the
packets... sweet, no?

But a lot of work, which we don't have time for :-(

> Miles

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell