Re: "Binary XML" proposals

Danny Ayers wrote:

> Ok then, take away speed & storage benefits, what gain is there from binary
> XML?
>
> (I was arguing that the speed & storage benefits were *not* good enough
> reasons to move from trad. XML, but I've seen some points made since that
> make me less sure)

What I plan to suggest is a 'derivative' XML standard that is considered
a 'compressed' or alternative form of the XML 1.0 standard, easily
convertable.

For some problem domains, you would allow/specify one or the other or
both.  No real threat to anyone, just an optimization where it makes
sense, in a standard and reusable way.  This is what XML is all about,
IMHO.

> ---
> Danny Ayers
> http://www.isacat.net