Re: "Binary XML" proposals

IMHO, SAX events are the wrong model for a more useful binary structured XML.  DOM,
or rather DOM + optional DOM Deltas, are my current front running model.  For
protocol use, including passing around any kind of XML for application
interpretation, XML transmission will generally be done atomically where access to a
DOM style tree is typical.  SAX, in these situations, seems to be used mainly to
support a custom parse tree, including just loading values into a 3GL structure,
rather than for it's other advantage: processing documents too large to load
completely into memory.

sdw

--
OptimaLogic - Finding Optimal Solutions     Web/Crypto/OO/Unix/Comm/Video/DBMS
sdw@lig.net   Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st