Re: "Binary XML" proposals

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> and direct support for embedded binary data.  (In the latter case, the
> XML 1.0 UTF8 equivalent could be quoted printable or base64.  Ideally,
> used in a protocol, conversion to those equivalents would never be done
> except for debugging purposes.)

I imagine, in my encoding, that converting a file with beyond-XML features
such as embedded binary would result in:

<binxml:binary xmlns:binxml="http://binxml.warhead.org.uk/binxml">
 ...some Base64...
</binxml:binary>

Eg, I create a binxml namespace to put special elements in that
approximate the "magic". This ensures an end to end via XML and vice
versa, which is nice.

> sdw

ABS

--