RE: "Binary XML" proposals

Huh?  I am asking if the binary supporters
have determined if a standard XML binary
offers enough benefits to justify the effort
to "standardize".  Spec anything and implement it
until dawn, but only standardize based on
hard evidence.  IOW, folks will be wise
to drop the 'standards' aegis and engineer
instead.  It's faster, gets good results,
and you don't have to fly and stay in grubby
motels.  Calling something standard before
it is even in use is just a politic of
colonization.   Sad, from one point of view,
and infuriating from another like listening to
butchers discuss pig rights.

What I'm missing here is what you want this for
CGM on the Web has been done.  One might look at
it and see if as some claim for XML, it needs
"simplification".

But no matter... given that anything you
can dream up can be spec'd,
I'd scope it to something doable with
what's laying about.  I agree with Al that
PNG would be a good start.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.