Re: Linkbases, Topic Maps, and RDF Knowledge Bases -- help me

Danny Ayers said -

> I may be wrong, isn't the purpose of UML to allow it to model all
different
> kinds of things? (hence Unified)
> i.e. part of the U of UML was to bring in ER?

Well, you can think of classes that have only properties, no methods, as
being entities in the ER sense, so you can certainly model them in UML (or
OML, which I mentioned in my other post).  On the other hand, UML doesn't
really have support for data integrity rules, primary keys, nor foreign
keys, just to mention a few topics of great importance to relational
database modeling.  So UML isn't the best for that.

Cheers,

Tom P