XML won't validate against schema

Hi all...newbie here trying to validate an xml doc against a schema I built
with XMLSpy.  The schema contains a required element with some optional and
required children. However, the XMLSpy validator says the file is not valid
(Mandatory elements expected in 'contact' after 'phone': name, phone)

'contact' is the reqd element and 'phone' and 'name' are the reqd children
of contact. I have entered data in for name and phone but am still getting
the not valid msg...anyone seen this?

Thanks

Tim