Re: atoms, molecules

The preceeding discussion of course attracted my attention as
a chemist!

Its bad enough having to explain the difference in my community
between chemical elements and XML elements, without the prospect
of having to do so for molecules and atoms (:-)  I suppose
we should consider ourselves lucky that xlink was never called
<bond> (is there a proposal to use the term?)
Add <electron> and  <reaction>  and you would have most of the CML DTD,
or should I say schema.

I appreciate that the namespaces are different,   but still  I can
see difficulties ahead with my molecular and atomic
(leaving aside bonded) colleagues!

--

Henry Rzepa. +44 (0)20 7594 5774 (Office) +44 (0870) 132-3747 (eFax)
Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7  2AY, UK.