Re: atoms, molecules

At 11:09 AM +0100 4/18/01, Henry S. Thompson wrote:

>Strong disagreement (speaking personally).  We have a way in XML to
>express compound objects -- it's called elements-and-attributes.  The
>mistake, in my opinion, was giving in to the SQL people and having
>_any_ kind of date or time as simple types -- they should _all_ have
>gone in to the type library as complex types.

Interesting and it brings up a question: are there any complex types
in the type library? I don't recall any, but I've hardly digested the
whole spec yet.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |