RE: atoms, molecules

By the way:

http://www.spectator.org/archives/0104TAS/bethell0104.htm

Now let's look at the "simplicity rules" philosophy again
and ask ourselves if all we are providing is an illusion
of simplicity when really we must reexamine where generic
information should be in the system to get robustness.

One big component that works but you don't know why vs
lots of little components that all test good but produce
the wrong output.... reliable vs flexible. Where is the
sweet spot?

Nature outs simplistic metaphors as superstition or
just another way to get funded.   If we are in the
standards business, we better know the difference.
A standard governs.  A spec incubates.   People
who can't step up to the risks of the first should
stick to the latter because if the standard is
faulty, the owner of the standard is liable and culpable.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h