Re: XML Overlays and Deltas: Existing methods? Ideas?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> This problem is the same regardless of the form of XML, but I am
> planning to use some solution to this as part of my binary structure XML
> work.

I'm thinking you may find it easier to define a read-oriented binary XML
format (which is where I'm heading) since that's a very common use case,
then defining a DOM-delta format in terms of XML (so it can be encoded as
binary or text XML, regardless)... the delta-DOM stuff seems higher level
than a representation issue, to me :-)

> Thanks!
> sdw

ABS