RE: XML Overlays and Deltas: Existing methods? Ideas?

At 04:57 19/04/2001, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>I apologize.  I went back to re-read your mail.
>You aren't changing the definition of the file.
>You are changing the values of the properties,
>not the properties.
>
>Groves are too heavy for that.  XSLT might be
>a way to do it

Yes, but it's impossible to do an "identity
transform" using XSLT (entities are expanded, etc).

This would seem to rule out XSLT as a method
for applying deltas ...

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au