-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Sergeant [mailto:matt@sergeant.org]

> Specifically, what is missing is that you can't do:
>
>   http.put(url, anyObject)
>
> and have 'anyObject' marshalled and serialized to XML automatically by
> the library, and then sent over HTTP.

But that's a factor of the library you use for SOAP/XMLRPC, not a factor
of XMLRPC or SOAP itself. You could just as easily write an
auto-marshalling module that does this without the SOAP envelope formats.

You still have to negitiate with the reciever exactly what formats and
parameters you can send/recieve.