RE: SVG paths in XSLT (was: Using W3C Regular Expressions)

> Right -- I wanted to be able to go _the other way_, and without
> _deeply_ tedious us of string functions and so in in XSLT I can't.

Perhaps the EXSLT [1] folks would consider adding string manipulation
functions for exactly this purpose? (They're discussing similar
matters currently).

Mind you a SAX filter would do the job much more efficiently, assuming
that a suitable XMLised version was defined.

[1]. http://www.exslt.org

Cheers,

L.