* instead of /

I have an ASP page which uses MSXML 2.0a (5.00.2314.1000, 490 KB [502, 544
bytes]) and I noticed that while doing binary to base64 encoding it uses an
asterisk (*) instead of / (forward slash) - however asterisk (*) is not at
all an valid Base64 character. Is this a bug, anybody else experienced this?
Just curious if this is document somewhere?
I used MSXML 3.0 and that fixed the problem (base64 encoded data now
correctly has a forward slash instead of *).

Best wishes,
Darshan Singh
http://www.PerfectXML.com