ASP vs. Javascript

Am I right in thinking that ;
 There are two kinds of files, XML and XSL.
 to show XML on IE, I do like the following.
 for (network) efficiency,
 ASP allows me to receive only one result page, not XML neither
 XSL.(meaning translate files on the server and so clients have to
 receive only one file)
 Javascript allows me to receive both XML and XSL.(meaning clients
 have to receive two files, and tranlate files on the client machine)

  I translated XML against XSL in the form of DOM in ASP and send
 results like this.

<%
  Set xmlfile = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
  xmlfile.load(Server.MapPath("xml/"&wp_tag&".xml"))

  Set xslfile = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

 xslfile.load(Server.MapPath("xsl/"&wp_tag&session("s_style")&".xsl"))

  result = xmlfile.transformNode(xslfile)

  response.write result
%>

 Do you think this is the best way?